?

?

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Marine Fired from Restaurant for Fake Reasons Gets Witty and Awesome Revenge


I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

Over the last 10 or so years in the military, I’ve learned a few things. One of the most important things I’ve learned is the true meaning being revenge being a dish best served cold. It’s easy to throw a punch or say something you might regret later but wouldn’t you rather dream up an elaborate revenge plan and sit back while your unsuspecting victim reaps the glory of  your well thought out plan?

Here’s one Marine that shares my philosophy.

We all know the saying, “In order to make an omelette, you gotta crack a few eggs”. A very down to Earth saying with a lot of meaning and truth behind it. I guess you can even apply this saying to revenge in some cases, particularly my story of revenge. A story of revenge so great, that it might be one of the best cases of revenge so far in the year 2016, or at least I tell myself that. In the end, unfortunately, there was some collateral damage, but hey, you know the saying…

I am a former Marine living in a semi-small town that I am not from, trying to make ends meet while I wait for my tech school to start this summer. I’ve been out of the Marines for a few years now, and after partying day in and day out and making ends meet by bar tending at various bars around my state, I have finally convinced myself that it’s time to stop being a man-child and work toward a stable career. Hence, I’ve enrolled myself in a tech school. In the mean time, I figured can squeeze as much as I can out of the service industry until I complete school and graduate. Well, that was the plan and it still is, but not at the restaurant/bar I thought it would be.

I moved to this town from another state with my girlfriend, due to a tragedy in her family. After living off savings for a few months, I decided to snag a job to make things easier to stay afloat. I ended up at a quaint little restaurant very close to where my girlfriend worked. A restaurant recently re-opened by it’s corporate ownership after a terrible franchise owner had control of it. All of the staff were new hires, from the top to the bottom. The restaurant was now full service, as opposed to ordering at a counter. It had a beautiful mahogany bar that meshed well with the theme of the restaurant, that was sectioned off from the dining side of it. Great food and even better drink specials, the perfect place for me to make ends meet while I attend school. It was convenient in so many ways, my girlfriend and I could save gas by driving in one vehicle when our schedules matched, she could come eat lunch or dinner on her break and get a discount on food, things just seemed perfect.

When I first started working at this restaurant, management seemed to really like having me around. I was very good at entertaining guests, I brought people in to the bar, and I was great at making drinks. One night stands out the most, I had a couple walk in to the restaurant minutes from closing. Often when this happens, you will get a server who is upset that they have to do their job a little longer, and that will reflect on their service. Not me, it is their money and we are still technically open 10 minutes until we close, so I am going to treat these guests just like I would any other guest. The couple clearly had a great night and left me a very big tip. The next day I was shown an email that was sent to corporate, with nothing but praises about my service and attitude. I assumed it was from the same couple, but who knows.


***************************************************************************

Moral of the story : You don't fuck with a Marine.

No comments: