?

?

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A reader sends



You may remember my Swine IED recipe I posted up here last year... A friend of the blog who goes by North Texan sent pics of his take on it. He did a fine job. You make me proud NT. Look at that meaty goodness... Thanks man.



North Texan :


I used 2 lb of bacon. Pepper jack cheese, flank steak pounded out and pork boudin sausage. Smoked till internal of 200 degrees. Cut and drizzle with steins. Really good. I think next time I'll do chicken, more cheese (sharp cheddar) and add a few jalapeƱos. May omit the boudin. It was good but a huge pain to keep in the thing during roll up. My daughter took one bite and as she chewed just stared at me and said wow this is good. Served with a salad and black eye peas. Good stuff thanks for sharing. Feel free to post this if you want to.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I make basil presto, my wife says it smells like Olive Garden. When I eat basil pesto, it tastes like the really good stuff.
Basil Pesto from Allrecipes.com
3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
4 cloves garlic
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)



Combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and nuts in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend to a smooth paste. Add parsley if desired.

Also, my barbecue sauce of choice is now Carolina Treet, For chicken, hands down.