?

?

Monday, June 29, 2015

What's your "get home" insurance policy?



Do you have such a policy in place for your day to day routine? If you don't, you should... I don't live too far from the job thankfully, but it still takes me longer than it should sometimes to get back home. Getting back home is and always will be priority for me in the event that something should go foul in the world while I'm away from home. In Texas, long guns do not have to be concealed and may be loaded and within reach. Si fueris Romae, Romano vivito more...




I think these right here are the bee's knees.







6 comments:

B said...

Got most of the spare tire container in the car filled. Marlin Papoose and ammo, water, food, clothes, pack, water filter (water ain'T an issue here) Ponchos, knife, firestarter, radio...

THe truck is the same, except it has a folding stock AK.

My parents borrowed the car for a trip to NY and I had to take the time to sanitize it for the trip.....

Stackz O Magz said...

Solid! That's the kind of response I was asking for. My BOB goes wherever I go and if it can't go, I don't.

B said...

Oh, no, that's not my BOB. That is my Get Home Bag/Oh Shit Kit in the vehicles....That gets me home. .

If/when I get home, then that is a whole 'nother bunch of fun.

Anonymous said...

Who makes that center console?

STxAR said...

I was scheduled to fly out of SAT to OKC on 9/11/01. Needless to say, that didn't happen. But a carbine AR and 500 rounds with enough kit to walk to SAT from any of my normal locations (NM / CO) was standard cargo after that. I sat my wife down and told her, "I"m coming home, no matter from where. If you have to leave, this is where you leave me word where to go find you." We had a few options on bug out locales then.

We have an emergency code word we used with the kids. if it's used, then the need is legitimate. None of this, "Your mom sent me to get you" from a stranger. Really? Whats the code word?

Secret knock, too. If it's not the right knock, then expect a chilly reception.

Good prep isn't accidental.

Stackz O Magz said...

Good idea with the code words. We have a system in place too for my camp. The wrong answers will get you shot. Period.