?

?

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Justin Wilson - Gumbo





I can remember being a youngster watching this man do his thing, and boy did he do it well. I cannot even begin to relay how much fun it was sitting in the kitchen with my old Acadian grandparents and listening to them talk that cajun chatter to each other. I wish they and Justin Wilson were still around. My mother-in-law is full blooded Cajun Acadian as well. She can spit that cajun french out like it's nobody's business. Enjoy a laugh or two on me. Bout' time for a big ole' pot ain't it? My camp will be indulging in a whole chicken stuffed with shrimp and crawfish jambalaya tonight.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember his cooking show too. He was a great cook AND entertainer, way better than the 'Cooking Channel' crap that goes on TV every day. Just want to slap some of those basturds hard, with a chain mail gauntlet . . .

Thanks for the memories.

tsquared said...

When I was stationed at Keesler AFB, there were 3 of us who would put on our dress blues and go to the "Cooking Outdoors" series that Justin Wilson did. The producers liked seeing military uniforms in the audience and we liked Cajun cooking.