?

?

Thursday, January 29, 2015

In the beginning, there was mud


High Lifter Products, based in Shreveport, Louisiana, created the ATV Mud Nationals to provide an event in which ATVs and UTVs could demonstrate their prowess over the 4x4’s competition – mud. The event, in its 10th year has grown from a weekend get-together to a full-fledged five-day event with races including the EPI Endurance Challenge, the Polaris Mudda Cross, the Can-Am/BRP Mud Bog, the Dynojet Bad 2 Da’Bone, Mud Jam Stereo Competition, and the S3 Powersports Poker Run.

http://www.atvmudnationals.com/

Dates are March 25-29 at Mud Creek Offroad Park in Jacksonville TX.


This is the most fun you'll have on an ATV in the State of Texas at this time of year. I've gone once and just about lost an arm. No seriously, it felt like it almost got ripped off when I went over the handlebars. The mud was a bit more sticky than I first thought. Of course, refilling a 100oz camelbak mule 5 times in one night with beer will more than make you lose judgement and be more prone to do dumb shit. Hey it happens, don't judge me. Beer through a tube slung over your shoulder. I rest my case. 

East Texas is my home and where I grew up, but South East Texas pays the bills these days, if you know what I mean. I will always enjoy going back up there to visit and may just make the trip to this again this year. 

Here's a Youtube clip of what they experienced last year...





Just once in your life, if you like to ride, you should come to this. 
It's a pretty bad ass event. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that "Azteca" model you have up on top is Pimpin'. Did you notice the key slot underneath the barrel?

Stackz O Magz said...

EGD, it looks like a key hole but it's not I don't think. Look at the bottom pic on here : http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/foghorn/sig-sauer-masterpiece-aztec/

And yes, the Sig Sauer Mastershop is ridiculous. That's a work of ART.