?

?

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Art

Along with building or creating things with my hands, I can also draw with them. I'm an artist of sorts you could say.

This is an old one I whipped out in about 3 hours with charcoal and a shading cone. It was one of the first ones I did in a portrait project series for college. Yes I went to school for higher education in the Arts, but like everything else in my life, I do things for so long and then I'm on to something else looking for what's out there that gives me that feeling of "new and neat". Graphic Design and Photoshop wasn't all it was cracked up to be, I found out. I ended up finishing school in criminal justice and then found out that it wasn't for me either as I don't really have the want to for infringing on people's rights and harassing them for bullshit to keep revenue rolling in for the city or county. What I do now for a living is wayyyyyyyyyyy off from what I went to school for. Funny how life plays out at times.




I have no idea who this man is. He could be anybody. We were tasked to do a facial portrait of anyone. I found this picture in a magazine and set out to recreate it. My sig has been removed because I'd like to keep my credit score where it currently is. I don't draw much anymore besides with map colors or crayons for keeping the kiddos entertained. Coloring books are still fairly cheap so I buy a shit ton of them to keep the markers and ink off my damn furniture. It helps a little. God, I sound like my old Acadian Pepaw... "You kids betta keep dat damn doe shut, or you gon' mess arown' and run up my light bill Sha!"




No comments: